19 May 2016

2014: Taiwan (Pre-Day 01) - Departing to Taipei Airport

Okay, so I am gonna start blogging about my Taiwan trip,which was back in 2014. I don't think it is too late to blog too. Besides, blogging about this might help me to plan for a similar trip in the future.  I don't mind going back again in order to try on the other various food I have left out or didn't get to eat. 
This was a trip that I have planned on a very last minute, about 3 to 4 weeks before departure as I was trying to clear off my annual leave during Christmas.
So, I engaged with a tour agency, Ace Tours and Travel on an 8 days trip that costed about RM3388/pax (which covered China Airlines to and fro plane tickets, accommodation, some basic breakfast/lunch/dinner meals) and inclusive of the individual travel insurance which costed about RM53/pax. During the payment making, it seemed that I could request for a deduction of RM15 if I didn't want the agency's small carry on hand luggage. Supposedly to be a gift as it was with the travel agency's logo. But anyhow, its cost is inclusive in the tour package. wth~ 
Actually, I found out from the other travel mates that their travel fair was so much cheaper, which was only RM2800/pax in which they paid during a travel fair organised earlier in the year or at least booked 3 months in advance for others.
Therefore, do remember to plan way earlier in order to grab cheaper fairs or deals in the future.
Therefore, good planning is vital in everything that you do, either at work or in social life :P

We gathered at the airport with about 13-15 ppl in a tour group.
At around 5.15pm, our flight departed from Penang International Airport to Taipei Airport, Taoyuan.
Dinner was served on board the China Airlines.
It was my first time traveling with this airlines.
They served decent meals which are considered nice. ;)
The staffs on board the plane usually will try to speak in Mandarin language to you, however, they do speak a very good English too, with some accent. hehe~
No worries, about communication problem.  


Overlooking the sunset view from the plane, ~30000 feet above the ground. Breathtaking!

My H.A.N.D. would want to reach out for the heavens. ^.^

Symmetrical image :D
If I was not mistaken, flight journey took us approximately 4 to 5 hours before we could reach. 
We've finally reached!

Waiting for the rest of group to pick up their luggage bags.

On our journey walking out from the airport to wait for our private tour bus. 
Stopped by the Taiwan's very own Hi-Life mini market for some of us to buy tidbits to eat.

 Reached the hotel at almost midnight and so we overnight @ Regalees Hotel, Tamsui. 
Saw a decent lil' Christmas tree.


Hotel Regalees, Tamsui (literally translated to wet water)

Our cozy room for a night. I would rate this hotel with a 3.5 stars~
It was slightly a lil' smaller than the usual hotel room that I could find. Probably similar to some European hotel rooms. 

 Good night, Tamsui~ 


No comments: